Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Shower Ideas and other musings...

It's been awhile. The reason for the lack of blogging is a couple things. One is I'm lazy. Another is that I have so much to blog about that it's too much, if that makes sense.

I've had two chemo treatments. Besides a bit of indigestion for about 3 days after I'm doing well. I still have my hair. I'm guessing in about 4 treatments it will start thinning out. Small price to pay for my health.

Tonight I attended the kickoff dinner for Relay for Life. It was a lot of fun and I got to socialize with my onc. nurses and oncologist. It's a rare treat to see them outside of the onc. center. It was nice and I even got to sit with them to eat dinner. I will blog about Relay another time but I have so many great fundraising ideas and I'm so glad I have something I can focus on for a while.

Another thing I have to focus on is my sister's baby. We found out today it's going to be a boy. I'm going to be uncle (what show is that from?) No-seriously I'm thinking it's from Friends but I'm not entirely positive. It sounds like a Phoebeism. Anyone have name suggestions they want to throw out there for my sister. She wants something original...so give me all you have!

I am throwing out ideas for her shower. It will be in May sometime. The colors will be baby blue and brown. Here's a diaper cake I might make for the gift table centerpiece:



And I have a request from my sis to make cupcakes. I'll probably make a combo of chocolate, white, and a maybe some kind of blue rasberry or a special flavor. All will have a vanilla buttercream. I'm thinking I'll decorate like this:



Or I'm going to do this:



Cupcake Bouquets! I would do them in blue shades and make them smaller and use them as centerpieces on all the tables!

My best idea is to have a taco bar (my sister is a huge fan of the taco!):




And the invitations are going to be a surprise. I can't say since my sister reads this blog but I think she's going to love them!

We'll probably have baby blue balloons and a bit of crepe paper. I'm also thinking of making sugar cookies as little favors:



I can't wait to start on this stuff. It's my baby sister so I have to go big.

This is my week off with chemo so I'm just going to chill and maybe do some cleaning this week. And possibly maybe blog a bit more than usual. I'm going to do a whole blog dedicated to my horrible hospital experience and also my favorite healthcare workers. I feel if I discuss the bad I should acknowledge the good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment